Terms and Conditions
How does this policy apply?
The following Payments and Cancellations policy applies to all tours booked directly with Coconut Reef via our company website www.coconut-reef.com. Our website is integrated with Junglebee which we use for online reservations.
Be aware that our tours are also sold by various third-party agencies such as TripAdvisor, Viator, Expedia and others. These third-party agencies may impose terms and conditions in addition to or in lieu of the policies outlined here. Such terms and conditions are beyond our control and not be covered by the policies we outline here.
Reservations & Payment
For Group Reservations…
- For Reservations within 48 hours of Departure, we require 100% of the fare to be paid in advance at the time of Reservation.
- For Reservations more than 48 hours in advance of the departure date, a $25 deposit per passenger is required, with the balance payable on the day of departure.
For Private Charters…
- For reservations within 48 hours of departure, we require full payment at the time of reservation.
- For reservations 48 hours or more in advance of the departure date, a deposit of 50% is required at the time of reservation, with the balance payable on the day of and prior to departure.
We readily accept Mastercard, Visa or Cash. Other forms of electronic payment (e.g. PayPal, Stripe, Payoneer, etc) may be available on request. Our apologies but we cannot accept American Express.
Cancellations and Refunds
We understand that life happens. Not all plans come to fruition, sometimes, through no fault of your own, the universe throws up random roadblocks on our way to happiness. We would really love to share your pain, give you a full and unconditional refund, along with a bowl of chicken noodle soup.
Unfortunately, we have bills to pay, employees to keep fed and of course B.O.A.Ts to maintain (i.e. Bust Out Another Thousand) against the ravages of sea, salt and shorts with sharp buttons and zippers. In order to stay in business we have had to resort to a cancellation policy which we hope is fair and balanced.
- All Payments are non-refundable within 48 hours of departure time.
- You may cancel a tour with 48 hours notice. Any and all payments will be refunded, minus any bank fees or charges incurred as a result of the transaction.
We reserve the right to cancel any tour at any time, right up until the published time of departure. We do understand that it’s your vacation and we do hate to disappoint anyone, especially on what could be their vacation of a lifetime. Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of the elements. The weather and sea conditions will always have the final say in whether or not our boats venture out onto the water. We would much rather disappoint you than put you in danger.
As always, you will be refunded in full if any scheduled tour is cancelled by us.
Cruise Ships visiting Sint Maarten call at the Port Sint Maarten. The cruise port is a large, secured enclosure containing a retail shopping outlets, Port administrative buildings, a transport hub and security gates for inbound and outbound traffic. There is also a marina where various tours sponsored by the Cruise Lines depart and arrive. We are not affiliated with any of the Cruise Lines. Our boats are not authorized to dock directly at the Cruise Port.
Our boat tours depart from two locations on Sint Maarten…
Dock Maarten, Phillipsburg. An independent marina, located around 400m (1200 ft) or 5 to 10 minutes walk north of the Cruise Port security gates. Dock Maarten marina is located on the water, behind Chesterfields Restaurant & Bar and The Amsterdam Cheese & Liquor Shop.
Fisherman’s Wharf Marina, Simpson Bay/Cole Bay.
For our cruise ship guests, we generally pick up and drop off at Dock Maarten. There are some days, however, when schedules or sea conditions make picking up at Dock Maarten problematic. In those cases we will send a driver to the cruise port, pick up our guests and transport them to our Cole Bay marina (at no extra charge). You will receive a booking confirmation letter that will inform you which option is best for your specific tour. For last minute changes we will inform you via phone or email.
Guarantee of Return Time for Cruise Ship Passengers
At Coconut Reef, we take our responsibility for your comfort and safety very seriously. We want to make your stay with us a memorable, carefree experience and we will take every possible measure to ensure we get you back to your ship with plenty of time to re-board without being rushed. Our company hosts hundreds of cruise ship passengers every month and we have not missed a single departure. That being said, we would be remiss if we didn’t have a policy in place to handle this outcome if it ever arises.
Coconut Reef will take all reasonable responsibility to return you to the Cruise Port within a reasonable amount of time to re-board your cruise ship. We generally plan to have our cruise guests back at the Cruise Port in Phillipsburg at least 30 minutes before the posted ship departure time (local SXM time). For tours where we disembark at Dock Maarten, we allow at least 45 minutes prior to the posted Cruise Ship departure time. For tours that return to our marina in Cole Bay, we allow an extra 30 – 40 minutes for the additional ground transportation time (adjusted for traffic conditions).
In the unlikely event that you miss your cruise ship’s departure, we will work tirelessly to get you to the next port of call to re-join your cruise. If you missed the departure due to negligence on our part, we will re-reimburse each passenger up to a maximum of $USD500 for the expenses incurred in getting to the next port of call under the following conditions…
- We will not offer monetary compensation in the event that…
- You were returned to the Cruise Port at least 30 minutes before the ship’s scheduled departure time.
- You were returned to Dock Maarten at least 45 minutes before the ship’s scheduled departure time.
- A member of your party is detained by local authorities for any reason.
- Any passenger (or companions who elect to remain with the incapacitated party) who is injured or incapacitated due to their own negligence.
- Reimbursement is covered by or otherwise payable by any liability insurance claim.
Cookies are used solely to collect demographic information about our visitors so we can further understand the basics about who is browsing our site and how we can better serve them.
Any personal information collected during booking is never shared or sold. We value your privacy!
Email Usage – An email address you provide, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your booking, in addition to periodic company news, updates, and/or related product or service information, etc.
Implied Model Release
You may be photographed or be the subject of video footage captured on our tours by our crew members (and/or other guests). Such images may be used by us in our promotional and marketing materials, including, but not limited too dissemination on social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Print Media and other methods.
We do however, wish to respect your privacy. If you do not wish to appear in any captured image, or if you would just like to review any images in which you might appear, please inform the management or your crew at the earliest possible opportunity.
Passenger Manifest and Release of Indemnity
We are required by law to compile a written passenger manifest prior to each departure. A copy of this manifest is lodged with the marina at our departure point and the original is kept on-board. The manifest must be presented to authorities (e.g. Coast Guard) on request and accurately account for each passenger on our boat.
Information required for each passenger includes…
- Age Group (Adult, Child)
- Origin (Ship/Resort/Hotel, etc)
- Signature (or guardian if passenger is a minor)
Additionally, we may also request further optional information to help us improve our services…
- Email address.
- We ask for your email address so that we may follow up after your tour with a one time survey or reminder to share your experiences via various online social media sites. Your satisfaction (and as a result, our reputation) is the lifeblood of our business. We do not share any email address we collect in this manner with any third party. Neither do we use it to sign you up to any internal or external mailing list. By adding your email to our passenger manifest you will only ever receive one and only one email from us.
- Dietary Restrictions
- For tours on which food is offered, we provide you the opportunity to let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements and/or restrictions.
- Physical/Medical Considerations
- If you have some ailment or condition that might limit your abilities, we request that you please make us aware before booking any of our tours. We are more than happy to try and accommodate you where possible. Our crew is always ready to lend an extra helping hand where needed. For your safety, that of our crew and other passengers it is vitally important that we are aware of any circumstances that might require extra care and attention.
- Please be aware that we operate small powerboats. Getting on and off a boat requires a certain amount of agility, especially when climbing out of the water using a swim ladder.
- We regret that cannot accommodate passengers whose weight exceeds 295 pounds.
- Our tours are generally not wheelchair accessible. Passengers with mobility issues should contact us before booking. Reservations may be accepted on a case by case basis.
Our Passenger Manifest and Release of indemnity must be signed by each passenger (or guardian for passengers under 18 years of age). Refusal to sign said documents will result in refusal of passage and subsequent loss of deposit.
Our Release of Indemnity is a legally binding agreement that we require all guests to sign before boarding any of tours. This agreement outlines our responsibilities for your care during our tours, your rights in the event of any incident during your voyage as well as outlining any potential risks that you may encounter.
We do carry liability insurance with a reputable, well known, international insurance provider should we ever need it.
Parties to the Agreement
This agreement is between…
- Fun Factor N.V. dba Coconut Reef Excursions. A limited liability company registered with the government of Sint Maarten and licensed by the Sint Maarten Chamber of Commerce. (herein referred to as THE COMPANY)…and…
- The undersigned party (herein referred to as THE GUEST). If the party to the agreement is a minor (i.e. a person under 18 years of age) then the signature is of the legal parent or guardian of THE GUEST.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Parties to this agreement.
Fun Factor N.V. dba Coconut Reef Excursions (i.e. THE COMPANY)
THE COMPANY provides boat tours and excursions around the island of Sint Maarten within the jurisdiction of both the Dutch (Sint Maarten) and French (St Martin) sides of the island.
THE COMPANY operates its’ tours using several boats which are commercially registered with the government of Sint Maarten. THE COMPANY undertakes the responsibility to ensure that their boats are in a seaworthy state, compliant with all local safety regulations. THE COMPANY further undertakes to ensure their boats are regularly maintained to ensure a high degree of confidence of passenger comfort and safety. All boats undergo a rigorous check before and after each departure to ensure all operational and safety equipment is functional and in good working condition, including the presence of all required safety equipment.
THE COMPANY provides qualified crew on each tour consisting of at least one Captain and one Crew member per tour. All crew are required to carry the necessary local licensing and certifications to carry out their duties with confidence and competence. THE COMPANY carries out regular safety drills to ensue that their crew are fully equipped to deal with any emergent situation.
THE GUEST undertakes to listen to and heed any and all guidance issued by the crew.
THE GUEST will exercise all due diligence to ensure their own safety.
THE GUEST acknowledges that despite the best efforts by THE COMPANY.